Speak, read, and write Mandarin Chinese fluently.
Also studied Cantonese, Taiwanese, Japanese, Tibetan, and German.
Founder, Programmer, Game Designer
Golden Drake Studios, July 2014–Present
• Developing a multi-platform RPG with a unique approach to procedurally-generated content.
• Maintaining a custom Arch Linux installer designed with gamers and game developers in mind.
Mandarin AI Trainer
AI Foundation, Las Vegas, NV, March–June 2021
• Tested, improved, and thoroughly documented various features of Chinese-language AI products intended for educational, marketing, and entertainment purposes.
Technical Writer and Editor
Freelance, Taiwan, July 2019–July 2020
• Wrote and edited technical, legal, marketing, and academic documents for PacSoft, Noctua Software, ADLINK Technology, and a variety of individual clients.
Software Test Engineer
Lionbridge, Redmond, WA, Jan.–May 2019
• Tested and documented various aspects of backward-compatible games for Xbox One consoles.
• Improved internal documentation by editing for accuracy, thoroughness, and clarity.
Bilingual Customer Service and Fraud Prevention Specialist
Blue Nile, Seattle, WA, Sept. 2017–Nov. 2018
• Handled sensitive English and Chinese communications and resolved potential cases of fraud.
• Improved internal documentation by contributing and editing text and graphics.
Bilingual Passenger Service Ambassador
Port of Seattle, SeaTac, WA, April–Sept. 2017
• Guided and assisted passengers from throughout the world.
• Provided Chinese translation and interpretation services for CBP and TSA officers.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Conway, AR, March–May 2016
• Wrote and tested C, SQL, and UNIX shell scripts for processing healthcare data.
XTIRI, St. George, UT, June–July 2014
• Wrote Ruby code to handle PDF and XML files for a business data management platform.
Translator and Editor
Industrial Technology Research Institute 工業技術研究院, Taipei, Taiwan, April 2013–April 2014
• Chinese-to-English translation and writing/editing of English documents for conferences, publications, multimedia, and general communications on behalf of ITRI’s Office of Cross-Strait Exchange and the MOEA’s Bridging Office for Cross-Strait Industrial Cooperation.
Software Test Engineer
Volt Information Sciences, Redmond, WA, Feb.–July 2011
• Tested functionality and technical compliance for Xbox 360 games, including Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Crimson Alliance, and the Kinect title Gunstringer.
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, Aug. 2009–May 2010
• Presented lectures and graded papers for introductory philosophy courses.
• Assisted Dr. Stephen Downes with a book project on human diversity and preparations for a biennial meeting of the Philosophy of Science Association.
City Academy, Salt Lake City, UT, Aug. 2008–June 2009
• Taught beginning and intermediate Mandarin Chinese for middle school and high school students.
Teacher and Translator
Freelance, Taiwan, Aug. 2005–June 2008
• Taught science and EFL lessons and provided translation and interpretation services for a wide variety of individuals and organizations, including Ivy Bilingual High School, National Chengchi University, National Taiwan Normal University, and Foresight International Education Center.
Computer Lab Assistant
Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, Aug. 2004–Aug. 2005
• Managed on-campus computer labs, sold products, cleaned equipment, and assisted students, faculty, and staff with computer-related problems.
Penn State University, State College, PA, June–July 2004
• Assisted Dr. Chris House with biogeochemical analysis of five Winogradsky columns simulating ancient microbial ecosystems as part of the Penn State Astrobiology Summer Program.
BuddhAll, Taipei, Taiwan, Jan. 2013
• Provided Chinese-to-English and English-to-Chinese interpretation at a conference on “Nurturing Happiness in Children” attended by two ambassadors from Bhutan.
DigiPen Institute of Technology, Redmond, WA, Aug. 2010–Jan. 2011
• Wrote detailed notes during computer science and math classes on behalf of disabled students and students whose first language isn’t English.
Chinese Childrenhome and Shelter Association, Taiwan, April 2007
• Provided Chinese-to-English and English-to-Chinese interpretation services during visits to multiple children’s homes and shelters throughout central and southern Taiwan.
Provo Youth Mentoring Program, Provo, UT, Oct. 2004–May 2005
• Improved the reading and writing skills of an at-risk child in my neighborhood.
LDS Church, Taiwan, Sept. 1999–Aug. 2001
• Participated in a wide variety of service projects, including cleaning, garbage collection, free English lessons, and assistance at hospitals and orphanages.
Coursework, Game Design, DigiPen Institute of Tech., 2010–2011
Coursework, Philosophy, University of Utah, 2009–2010
Coursework, Philosophy, National Chengchi University, 2006–2008
Bachelor of Science, Biology, Brigham Young University, 2001–2005
Associate of Science with Honors, Utah Tech University, 1998–1999
Honors and Awards
Teaching Assistantship, University of Utah
Taiwan Scholarship, Taiwan Ministry of Education
1st Place, Technical Writing Competition, BYU
2nd Place, Quark Speculative Fiction Contest, BYU
3rd Place, Advanced Chinese Speech Competition, BYU
1st Place, Japanese Speech Competition, BYU
Don Gates Memorial Scholarship, UTU
Music Scholarship, UTU
Eagle Scout Award, BSA