Speak, read, and write Mandarin Chinese fluently.
Also studied Cantonese, Japanese, Tibetan, and German.
Founder, Game Designer, Programmer
Golden Drake Studios, Seattle, WA, July 2014–Present
• Developing a multi-platform roleplaying game using Unity and C#.
Software Test Engineer
Lionbridge, Redmond, WA, Jan. 2019–May 2019
• Thoroughly tested all aspects of backward-compatible Xbox and Xbox 360 titles on Xbox One and Xbox One X systems.
Bilingual Customer Service and Fraud Prevention Specialist
Blue Nile, Seattle, WA, Sept. 2017–Nov. 2018
• Handled sensitive emails, chat, and phone calls in English and Chinese.
• Investigated and resolved potential cases of fraud.
Bilingual Passenger Service Ambassador
Port of Seattle, SeaTac, WA, April 2017–Sept. 2017
• Guided and assisted passengers from throughout the world.
• Provided Chinese translation and interpretation services for CBP and TSA officers.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Conway, AR, March 2016–May 2016
• Wrote C, SQL, and Unix shell scripts for processing healthcare data.
Night Auditor and Hiking Guide
Green Valley Spa, St. George, UT, Sept. 2014–March 2016
• Checked guests in and out, answered calls, and compiled night audit documents.
• Guided, assisted, and educated guests during hikes throughout southwestern Utah.
XTIRI, St. George, UT, June 2014–July 2014
• Wrote Ruby code to handle PDF and XML files for a business data management platform.
Translator and Editor
Industrial Tech. Research Institute, Taiwan, April 2013–April 2014
• Chinese-English translation as well as writing and editing of English documents for conferences, publications, multimedia, and general communications.
English Bridge School, Taipei, Taiwan, Nov. 2012–April 2013
• Prepared and taught beginning, intermediate, and advanced English lessons for children and adults.
Software Test Engineer
Volt Information Sciences, Redmond, WA, Feb. 2011–July 2011
• Tested functionality and technical compliance for Xbox 360 games, including Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Crimson Alliance, and the Kinect title Gunstringer.
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, Aug. 2009–May 2010
• Presented lectures and graded papers for introductory philosophy courses.
• Assisted Dr. Stephen Downes with a book project on human diversity and preparations for a biennial meeting of the Philosophy of Science Association.
City Academy, Salt Lake City, UT, Aug. 2008–June 2009
• Taught beginning and intermediate Mandarin Chinese for middle school and high school students.
Teacher and Translator
Freelance, Taiwan, Aug. 2005–June 2008
• Taught science and EFL lessons and provided translation and interpretation services for a wide variety of individuals and organizations, including Ivy Bilingual High School, National Chengchi University, National Taiwan Normal University, and Foresight International Education Center.
Computer Lab Assistant
Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, Aug. 2004–Aug. 2005
• Managed on-campus computer labs, sold products, cleaned equipment, and assisted students, faculty, and staff with computer-related problems.
Penn State University, State College, PA, June 2004–July 2004
• Assisted Dr. Chris House with biogeochemical analysis of five Winogradsky columns simulating ancient microbial ecosystems as part of the Penn State Astrobiology Summer Program.
BuddhAll, Taipei, Taiwan, Jan. 2013
• Provided Chinese-to-English and English-to-Chinese interpretation at a conference on “Nurturing Happiness in Children” attended by two ambassadors from Bhutan.
DigiPen Institute of Technology, Redmond, WA, Aug. 2010–Jan. 2011
• Wrote detailed notes during computer science and math classes on behalf of disabled students and students whose first language isn’t English.
Chinese Childrenhome and Shelter Association, Taiwan, April 2007
• Provided Chinese-to-English and English-to-Chinese interpretation services during visits to multiple children’s homes and shelters throughout central and southern Taiwan.
Provo Youth Mentoring Program, Provo, UT, Oct. 2004–May 2005
• Improved the reading and writing skills of an at-risk child in my neighborhood.
LDS Church, Taiwan, Sept. 1999–Aug. 2001
• Participated in a wide variety of service projects, including cleaning, garbage collection, free English lessons, and assistance at hospitals and orphanages.
Coursework in Game Design, DigiPen Institute of Tech., 2010–2011
Coursework in Philosophy, University of Utah, 2009–2010
Coursework in Philosophy, National Chengchi University, 2006–2008
BS in Biology, Brigham Young University, 2001–2005
AS with Honors in General Studies, Dixie State University, 1998–1999
Honors and Awards
Teaching Assistantship, University of Utah
Taiwan Scholarship, Taiwan Ministry of Education
1st Place, Technical Writing Competition, BYU
2nd Place, Quark Speculative Fiction Contest, BYU
3rd Place, Advanced Chinese Speech Competition, BYU
1st Place, Japanese Speech Competition, BYU
Don Gates Memorial Scholarship, DSU
Music Scholarship, DSU
Eagle Scout Award, BSA