Feel free to download any files provided here, but please respect all applicable rights and licenses and bear in mind that many of these are still works in progress. Please also feel free to check out my profiles on LinkedIn, GitHub, etc., support my work through Patreon, and send any feedback, ideas for collaboration, or job offers you may have to: david[at]davidcdrake[dot]com
- Adventures Unending, an open world fantasy RPG with a unique approach to procedurally-generated content (still in early development).
- Carnage, a game of vehicles crashing into vehicles developed using C#, the Unity engine, and free assets.
- Tanks, a deathmatch game developed using C#, the Unity engine, and free assets.
- Battle Ball Z, a “king of the hill” game with interesting power-ups developed using C#, the Unity engine, and free assets.
- PebbleQuest, a first-person action-RPG written in C for the Pebble smartwatch.
- SpaceMerc, a first-person shooter written in C for the Pebble smartwatch.
- Warchief, a turn-based strategy-RPG based on the tabletop battle game Fantasy Warriors by Nick Lund of Grenadier Models, developed using C++ and OpenGL.
- HeroQuest 3D, a simple action-adventure game based on the board game HeroQuest from Milton Bradley and the Games Workshop, developed using C++ and OpenGL.
- Words of Power, a text-based, spell-focused, fantasy RPG written in C.
- Minesweeper, developed using PyGObject (originally PyGTK).
- Asteroids, developed using PyGame.
- Toad’s Adventure, a simple 2D platformer developed using PyGame and Tiled.
- Golden Drake Linux, a custom Arch Linux installer for gamers and game developers, written in Bash.
- DLAP-201 Edge Inference System
- MCM-204 Standalone Ethernet DAQ for Distributed Machine Condition Monitoring
- PXIe Embedded Controller
- “Sadness as Beauty,” published in Blues—Philosophy for Everyone: Thinking Deep About Feeling Low, edited by Steinberg and Fairweather (Wiley-Blackwell, 2012), pp. 66-74.
- “The Ability to Report is Neither Sufficient nor Necessary for the Occurrence of Conscious Experience,” presented at the 12th Annual Meeting of the Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness, June 20, 2008.
- “‘Consciousness’ in the Works of Vasubandhu” 《世親著作中的意識概念》, presented at the National Chengchi University Graduate Student Philosophy Forum, April 18, 2007.
- “Pilgrimage of Valor,” a short story inspired by The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
- “The Leopard and the Lizard,” a short story inspired by The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- “Link goes Full Throttle,” a musical motorcycle montage featuring footage from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and the song “Legacy” by The Gone Jackals, famously featured in the classic point-and-click adventure game Full Throttle.
- “Pink Floyd’s ‘One of These Days’ in Zelda: Breath of the Wild,” another musical motorcycle montage, this time darker and more atmospheric.
Narrations / Voice Acting
- “Dagon,” a short story of nautical horror by H. P. Lovecraft.
- “Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold,” from The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.